A Chemical peel NYC is a procedure in which the skin essentially is allowed to grow back after its top layer has been removed. The new skin that grows in its place is said to be smoother, healthier and younger-looking.
WHY IS A CHEMICAL PEEL DONE?
The motive of a chemical peel is to get a back a healthier skin once again. The reasons for skin damage may be many. For example:
· Pigmentation due to sun damage
· Wrinkles due to the natural process of aging
· Skin discolorations
· Scars due to a medical procedure or even due to Acne.
TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELS
Chemical peels can vary in depth. Different conditions require different kinds of treatment. According to this, a professional will guide you as to which depth you should go to get the best results.
Three depths of a chemical peel are being used:
1. LIGHT CHEMICAL PEEL: Here, only the superficial layer of the skin that is the epidermis is removed. This is done if you have fine wrinkles, dryness, mild acne, etc. The frequency of this peel can be as early as two to five weeks depending upon the requirement.
2. MEDIUM CHEMICAL PEEL: In this method, the top layer of the skin (Epidermis), as well as the upper part of the middle layer (Dermis), is removed. This can be used to correct uneven skin tone, acne of a little higher severity, and deeper lines and wrinkles.
3. DEEP CHEMICAL PEEL: This method involves the removal of a significantly thick layer of the topmost skin. The cells from the epidermis as well as the parts of the middle and lower layers of the dermis are removed with suitable chemicals. Usually, deep chemical peels are done in cases with severe acne scarring or other kinds of scars.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
· Before the procedure is done, any skin conditions that you might have the need to be discussed. After the initial check has been done, the skin is cleansed. This will make it ready for the facial peel NYC.
· Thereafter, a cotton ball or gauze is used to apply the chemical solution being used. This maybe Glycolic acid, salicylic acid, trichloroacetic acid or carbolic acid depending upon the depth of the peel.
· The treated skin will show some whitening. You might even feel a slight stinging sensation on your face.
· In medium and deep peels, topical or regional anesthesia may be used. This is because these peels go deeper into the skin and may excite the nerve ending around these skin cells.
· The chemical is kept on the skin for a few minutes depending on the requirement. It is then countered with a neutralizing solution. In mild cases, a neutralizing solution might not be needed. The face is just washed copiously with water.
After the procedure is over, your skin may show redness and feel dry and mildly irritated in case it is sensitive. The professional might apply oil or petroleum jelly to get rid of the dryness.
Chemical peels NYC has come as a boon to those who have suffered due to cosmetic reservations that they had about their appearance. Now you can get rid of all these barriers and live your life fully and happily.